Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Green board shape in Altium Designer, cannot turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsun

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

39_1301424008.png

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/39_1301424008.png

When I am editing these board shape, it always stay in green color display for the board (green seems to indicate the that it is now in PCB editing mode) which make it difficult to layers and components, and I found no way of switching back to normal display in which the board shape disappears.

Does anyone know how to turn off the green board shape display?

Bob

Currently I learned Altium Designer and found the same problem. At first,it really made me confused. Finally I found out that the green color actually prompts there exist some design rule violations. You can try Tools-> Design rule check in the menu, and click "Run Deisgn Rule Check" in Design Rule Checker window to check out the violations.

What you see in the picture is the PWR/GND plane. You can change how it is displayed by changing the options under the view options. There is a plane drawing drop down box.

- - - Updated - - -

What you see in the picture is the PWR/GND plane. You can change how it is displayed by changing the options under the view options. There is a plane drawing drop down box.

This is just power plane boundaries. Rule violation indicators is usually of light and bright green (although you can change its default color just as you can change color for virtually any objects including the power plane boundary line).

If you have defined make power plane layers invisible. You can turn them on later when you are doing power plane splitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back