Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS receiver connection to MSP430

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naveen H K

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using GPS S1216-R1 module to connect to MSP430-G2553. I'm programming this with Energia IDE. But, the result is rolling again and again on the serial monitor. I don't know how to extract the longitude and latitude from the result. Please can anybody help me or suggest me the right place to find the answer.:?:

Thanks in advance...

If you want to get GPGGA then see if G is received, if yes, then check if next character is P, like that check the 5 characters. If it is GPGGA then read till line break is received. This will give you GPGGA sentence. Similarly if you need GPRMC then check the 5 characters and if true then read till next line break.

I can give you a link to my GPS library, where you can easily change settings you need.
Important is only high layer.

Unfortunatelly, admins will ban me if I put link here. Contact me via PM if you want link.

Status
Not open for further replies.