Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS module with microcontrolling interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.LAW

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GPRS module with micro controller interfacing

I am doing a project on the e-tag system for which i have to interface GPRS module which support TCP/IP with microcontroller...
Anybody can help me...?

Do you need a GPRS module for it? Like **broken link removed**?

Or you need some protocols for it?

Which micro controller and GPRS Module you are using. Give some detail

Thanx for your reply...
I am using telit GE865-codec or any other which support TCP/IP , and 8 bit micro controller i.e., 8051 or any one else...
There is problem in the interfacing of it. If u have the idea so share it with me...

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Can we interface GPRS8000-S with 8 bit micro controller or 32-bit micro controller , any information.

i never used GPRS8000-S but if it has UART/SPI interface, you can connect it to micro controller through UART/SPI. It will be very easy one.

Oh, as I know, it can be connected to **broken link removed** and **broken link removed** via UART interface. They are both based on ARM Cortex-A8 processor which is 32-bit micro controller. So I think you can try it.

Thanx for ur reply...
I am trying it...

gprs8000-s please tell me it supports TCP/IP or not? i need to connect it to internet as well.

I don't think so, well, you can see the datasheet about it **broken link removed**

Here you are the features of the module, I don't think that it has a built-in TCP/IP stack.
**broken link removed**
It can be controlled using the UART port of any microcontroller. Just consider the power issues of GPRS modules.

Thanx for ur reply ...

1) GPRS WIRELESS MODULE SIM900D EMBEDDED TCP IP
2)1,GSM/GPRS module TR-800 with TCP/IP, MMS and iMOP

can we connect any of the above modules with micro controller through Devkit 8000 and through UART port of any microcontroller?
any attention plz

Yes, you can. As long as the module has a UART interface, you can connect it to any controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.