Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gprs modem interface proceduer

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheap gprs module

techie said:
Great help vdharan,

I am purchasing some M22 modules soon. Can you shed some light on the antenna attachment. Most mobile phones have built/in antenna's and give good signal range. How about M22. What kind of antenna and connector should use. any source for these.

Also can someone upload a picture of M22 module with antenna attached.

They have both antenna and cabbles to sale . Just ask them ..

Regarding call baring - it sould be possible to do with AT commands , or if you not like to do that put your sim card in normal phone disable incoming calls and reinsert into M22 .

Ihave tested m22 in sms mode and faced some problems for CMGR - sometimes i need to send command twise to get response , for CMGS i could need up to 5 responses to get > prompt .

Anyone else experiencing problem with m22 please post here ...

atat gsm dialup number

I asked Honestar. They dont sell cables and antennas. Can you upload the link that sells both M22, cables and antennas. How much the antenna and pigtail costs.

A picture of M22 with antenna will be highly appreciated.

modul gsm datasheet

Hi

below is the extract from their mail

a. M22
b. 40 pin connector (mail)
c. Antenna with cable

By antenna they mean physical antenna with cable about 2 meters.

In addition they sent another cable to connect m22 to antenna's cable about 10-15 cm lenght.

I will try to send modem and cables picture tomorrow .

wavecom ciicr

Strange. What they told me was as follows

>RF connectors, pigtails and Antennas to be used with M22 Modules
>
We have some male connector,But we are not sell this component.

I have sent them another email now.

gsm modules datasheets

There is picture of what i have got from them

datasheet of simcom300

atem wrote:
Regarding call baring - it sould be possible to do with AT commands , or if you not like to do that put your sim card in normal phone disable incoming calls and reinsert into M22 .

Ihave tested m22 in sms mode and faced some problems for CMGR - sometimes i need to send command twise to get response , for CMGS i could need up to 5 responses to get > prompt .

Anyone else experiencing problem with m22 please post here ...

Thanks, I'll try out this method for call baring.
I have not faced any prob with CMGR and CMGS. Its working perfectly fine.
Are you sending "\r\n" at the end when you send an at command?.

ericsom gsm module 12

Hi Vdharan,

how did u test the data exchange on M22 TCP/IP stack. Can we access any (single) website simply by using inbuilt TCP/Ip stack without programming for PPP.

provisioning command set telit

Kuldeep, I dont think you need the PPP for comminicating with M22. From what I see from this topic, issuing a ATD*97# connects you directly (socket wise) to the website of your command. You can just talk in application level protocol from there on.

People often confuse that PPP is needed for talking on the internet. Keep in mind that PPP is just for the conection between the modem and your microcontroller. If your modem lets you, the PPP can be bypassed (eg using ATD*97#).

gsm module ipr intellectual india

vdharan said:
I have not faced any prob with CMGR and CMGS. Its working perfectly fine.
Are you sending "\r\n" at the end when you send an at command?.

Hi vdharan

No I send CR LF as it should be . I did not experience any problem with R520 running same code - so i think it is software problem . What is the M22 firmware revision you are using ?

simcom gsm modem ahmedabad

kuldeep said:
Hi Vdharan,

how did u test the data exchange on M22 TCP/IP stack. Can we access any (single) website simply by using inbuilt TCP/Ip stack without programming for PPP.

You dont need to implement ppp stack. Give ATD*97# connect to GPRS, open a socket send and receive data.

pinagem modulo gsm benq

Dear All,

I am interested in Sony Ericsson GR47. Appreciate if anyone could advise where I could get the module and its accessories with best price. I am thinking of getting one or two demo units first.

Thank You in advance.

Added after 7 minutes:

Dear All,

I am interested in Sony Ericsson GR47. Appreciate if anyone could advise me where to buy the module and its accessories. Your help and response are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

www.haozetech.com

Unique is the authorised vendor for Sony Erission GSM modules.

simcom sim300 price

Dear all,
I am intersted in M22 for my project .But i'll use it in socket.I just wanna know if it's necessary to use a SIM card for an M2M application???

thank u

gsm modul benq

Ofcourse you need a SIM card. How else would you connect to the GPRS operator.

simcom modem at$iptype=36

thank you
but I was thinking that if i put in a flash mémory the information containing in the SIM card and by programming .I can load it.The fact is that i need to reduce the price as much as possible.In fact it's gonna be the same operator and the always the same machines,I don't have to change terminal
so what u think ..???

Added after 30 seconds:

thank you
but I was thinking that if i put in a flash mémory the information containing in the SIM card and by programming .I can load it.The fact is that i need to reduce the price as much as possible.In fact it's gonna be the same operator and the always the same machines,I don't have to change terminal
so what u think ..???

linking vb benq m22

...If you use a sim clone you cannot register to network with the same "ID" at the same time and in a worst case you can be banned...

anyway, the best way is to talk to your GSM opperator and negociate a bulk contract only for GPRS traffinc/voice in your VPN; in this way you could optain a very good price...
//a

pepek

but if the ID is given by the operator(i don't khow if it's possible) every machine will have an ID different from the others. so if i replace the sim card by flash memory ther's no problem.
For me the sim card is equivalent to an added memory with some operator informations, is this correct???

wavecom gm29 schematic

My 2 cents: you are wasting your time with this idea. The Subscriber Identity Module contain secret information, and I doubt that any GSM operator will disclose this to anyone and allow to use in their network a module without a SIM or with a cloned one. A car need gas to run, and a GSM terminal needs a SIM card. There is no other way. Sorry for my direct opinion.

/pisoiu

simcom server program

thank you pisoiu for your direct opinion.
i am trynng to find an idea to reduce the price so i tried anything.
Is there a GSM/GPRS MODULE (or socket) cheaper than M22

eagle schematic gsm module

I think M22 is the cheapest. I dont know about antennas and connector etc. Does anyone have a source for cheap antenna's and connectors for M22, preferrably in China from where I intend to get the M22 module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back