Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Going from PM/GM/MM (classical controls) to the eigenvalue (modern control)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deba_fire

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Going from PM/GM/MM(classical control) to eigenvalue(modern control)

Hi All,

I am not sure if this forum is correct for this question. I apologize for that.

Single input single output(SISO) are well understood from classical control theory. It is intuitive from Bode/Nyquist plot, where to place the poles and how to make the system stable.

But for MIMO loops, the state space representation is more appropriate. My questions are:

1) How does one translate a particular phase margin(PM) to eigenvalue? I just know that all eigenvalues should be negative for stable system. But for relative stability what does one do?

2) For SISO, the modulus margin(MM) is restricted between 1 to 2 for robust stability. Is there a similar criteria for eigenvalue. Like the eigenvalue has to be at least less then some negative number for robust stability?

3) There is a whole world on observability and controlability/reachability in modern control. Are there system/circuit simulators which incorporate these features?

Really appreciate if some can guide or refer to some tutorial/paper on circuit design/loop tuning using the eigenvalue criteria.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.