Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gm vs id method of designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandhaajith

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone explain the gm vs id method of designing.
pls post any relevant materials in the above topic

These documents will help you definitly...

.... press the helped button if they do!!!

Reactions: kedhar

sandhaajith

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

kedhar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
any book reference?i have these two.
thanks for the trouble anyways...ashish

you can refer to analog design by LAKER and SANSEN... this book is present in this forum.

But I cannot say how detailed is the discussion they provide.

by the way if u get some thing interesting and worth reading please notify me too!!

thanks!!

hi.mebbe this is of help

Attachments

• gmid_ruida_1659.pdf
    208.5 KB · Views: 267

thanx dear ... but I use hspice and dont have much problem plotting the curves.

but to me the methodology it self is not very clear.

stanford ee214 notes show this method in detail.

i need it now, thanks a lot, very good!gm and i-v curve is very usefull in ana design...

edajason said:
stanford ee214 notes show this method in detail.

They are really good... You can have the handouts directly from the stanford site..

From what I read about gm/Id methodology, I thought we will chart all spec as a function of (gm/Id), which can be associated with Inversion Coeff. However, EE214 notes also chart fundamental "figure of merits" as a function of Vov (over drive voltage), which I thought we want to avoid doing so. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,

@ hdmi
- Vov (overdrive voltage) can be seen as useful parameter only in the region of strong inversion. In moderate inversion are the equations with Vov (the most of them, at least) not applicable.
- gm/Id methodology, on the other hand, applies not only for strong inversion, but also for moderate inversion and weak inversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back