hdmi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gm id design

Hi,

I have read a few papers regarding the gm/id design methodology, but I don't seem to completely get the concept. Can anyone walk me through with the included example circuit?

Assuming I have already have the following charts
1. gm/id vs. inversion level
2. ID/(W/L) vs. gm/Id
3. Intrinsic Gain vs. gm/Id
4. fT vs. gm/Id

Questions:
1. Any more charts should I prepare?
2. Since different color coded transistor groups serve different purpose, for example M1 & M2 are gain stage, so is M6, and M5 and M7 are current sources/active load, etc. Obviously the characteristics that we are looking for from each transistor group is different, (for example, I don't look into Intrinsic Gain for transistor group M5 & M7, or do I?) so for each different transistor groups, what gm/Id charts I should look into to get the characteristics I am looking for?
3. Even thought I have the frequency chart (fT vs. gm/Id), how and which group of transistors should I apply the chart to?
4. Or do I completely misunderstand how gm/Id works, if so, can anyone walk me through in a correct way?

How about offset, mismatch and noise? How do I get those information from the chart?

gm/id design methodology

I have same problems as you and from several papers that I had read, early voltage is needed to complete the transistor sizing.

Gain equation and so forth can be expressed with gm/id, and VA I guess....

Anyway, do you know how to find gm/Id vs Id curve?

many many thanks.

gm/id based analog design method + is it new

hdmi:

There is a new book called:

Tradeoffs and Optimization in Analog CMOS Design (Hardcover)
by David Binkley (Author)

might be helpful to you.

btw, how do you plot gm/id vs IC?

the gm/id design me

I have this problem as well..

top papers in analog gm/id

Kindly find the attachment, and you'll get the way, how to plot everything Vs. everything upon Cadence !!!

Regards,

Reactions: bsaft

bsaft

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…