Not open for further replies.

itmr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI ALL
I AM NEW ALTERA user and i need help to configure signal as global buffer.
i mean ' i generate a clock from the source board clock and i need to pass it to several componenets- so i need to use global buffer.
how can i decleared this clock as global buffer in altera design suite?

The Altera synthesis tool is assigning gloabl clock networks automatically based on fan-out and timing requirements. Normally you don't have to do anything. I suggest to implement the design and review assignment of global clock networks in the compilation report.

Reactions: itmr

itmr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes u guess you right but i geting an error shen i try to connect the genereted clock to several units by temporary signal...
mybe this is my problem? how should i connect the generaetd clock to other units?

Please report the error. I presume, that you know about the difference between error an warning. An eror in behavioral code is most likely a HDL syntax error. If you are however connecting vendor specific IP to a generated clock, you may be doing something not supported by a specfic device family.

Reactions: itmr

itmr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
sorry it was my mistake - i declered one of the port as output - i mean i connect output to output

now it works well

thank u all and sorry for distrubing u guy"S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…