Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gilbert cell and its application in analog IC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohazaga

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Have you any idea about Gilbert cell and it's application in analog IC design?

gilbert cell multiplier

Please specify your questions. there are lots of application of Gilbert cell in Analog IC design, especially in RF part.

current mode gilbert cell

even many applicaitons in RF?
I only see its application for mixer.
Any other applications?
thanks

gilbert cell ic

Hi,
Is there any specific appl. ? how it's is used in RF?
If there any brief about it's feature?
tahnks

gilbert cell circuit

You can refer to
The design of cmos radio-frequency intergrated circuits.
Chap 12

gilbert cell vga

gilbert cell can be used in AGC(automatic gain control)

refer design of cmos analog integrated circuit by "behzad razavi"
page : 126

gilbert cell frequency range design

The gilbert cell is primarily used as a low distortion multiplier. IF you can find the original 'multi-tanh' principle article by Barrie Gilbert. A chapter is devoted to this in

Analogue IC Design: The Current-Mode Approach by Toumazou

gilebert cell

I read that it can be used to generate PTAT² current, but how, I don't understand it !!!

the multi-tanh principle gilbert

razavi has given a very nice explanation of the gilbert cell in section 4.5.

ads design gilbert cell

Many usage. e.g Mixer, Multiplier, Frequency Doubler, VGA stage, differetial function, Gm stage...

gilbert cell multiplier application

pi331133 said:
Many usage. e.g Mixer, Multiplier, Frequency Doubler, VGA stage, differetial function, Gm stage...

i want to know is gilbert cell can act as a Frequency Doubler...from this circuit,

the sentence"doubling the unity gain cutoff frequency of the amplifier"
means the frequency has become bigger since the bandwidth is bigger?
izzit the result will act like a mixer?

i am confuse about this gilbert cell..razavi's book(section 4.5)say it is voltage multiplier( the gain is double right?) and i read from " monolithic phase locked loops and clock recovery circuits" from behzad razavi says that this gilbert cell can act like a XOR gate.....

so, can this gilbert cell circuit used as a frequency multiplier of input of >24Mhz

cmos gilber cell multiplier

could someone can upload the book "monolithic phase locked loops and clock recovery circuits" from behzad raza?
thanks a lot!

Added after 5 minutes:

eng_Semi said:
I read that it can be used to generate PTAT² current, but how, I don't understand it !!!
did you mean that the Gilbert cell could generate PTAT² current??
could you upload that paper?
thanks a lot!

Added after 8 minutes:

zhangseong said:
pi331133 said:

i want to know is gilbert cell can act as a Frequency Doubler...from this circuit,

the sentence"doubling the unity gain cutoff frequency of the amplifier"
means the frequency has become bigger since the bandwidth is bigger?
izzit the result will act like a mixer?

i am confuse about this gilbert cell..razavi's book(section 4.5)say it is voltage multiplier( the gain is double right?) and i read from " monolithic phase locked loops and clock recovery circuits" from behzad razavi says that this gilbert cell can act like a XOR gate.....

so, can this gilbert cell circuit used as a frequency multiplier of input of >24Mhz

In fact, the Gilbert cell is just like a XOR gate. their waveform is just the same.
In my opinion, the waveforms of the Gilbert cell and the XOR are similiar to the comparator.

Status
Not open for further replies.