Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Giant full color led display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked at DVI/HDMI/TMDS off and on over the last week or so. Similar to needing fast ADC for doing VGA analog, it doesn't look like it'll quite make sense at a PIC/AVR level. Makes a ton of sense for signage, but would enter more into the ARM arena than a PIC for now.

There are some nice chips around. but for now they're likely too expensive and hard to obtain a one of. May make a bit more sense in 2 or 3 years, but for now it probably prices itself out of contention.

**broken link removed**

Plenty of nice chips out there, but likely still at the point where they don't do much besides ship reels to HDTV manufacturers. Good idea for even a smaller sign, just not quite there yet for lower end processing.

But OTOH I haven't looked exhaustively at all. Someone may already have a sign controller of this type at a fairly reasonable price. (I'd say $200 or $300 would be quite reasonable for such a thing, $500 would be getting up there..)

Really though I am going to keep my eyes peeled. With all of the cheap video/display/converter items out there now there should be some $20 item that has what's needed in it already. Some simple NTSC to LCD converter could be fine and already output a lower bandwidth RGB data, then just use NTSC out on the computer side..

hi,
Recently i have developed a display system for a score board ( Kabbaddi game in India). It displays the name of the team and its Score (in single colour Red).

if you have the requirements for RGB display system, you can contact me BLchand@hotmail.com

chand1 said:
hi,
Recently i have developed a display system for a score board ( Kabbaddi game in India). It displays the name of the team and its Score (in single colour Red).

if you have the requirements for RGB display system, you can contact me BLchand(at)hotmail.com

Why not just post your design here?

@chand1
We are waiting for your project design....

hi my name is peter ive been looking for people intrested in making a larger than live rgb led tv like a 80 by 60 led matrix, witch is what the guy above me was
hoping to do, ive been doing some of my own researcg and yes it a year and a half later but still in order to do a 80 by 60 rgb matrix you need 4800 rgb leds searching on ebay i found several realy great prices such as .17 per led wich is realy low thats when you buy 1000 at a time ($174 free shipping) but if you email the seller and say you need 5000 im sure he can give you a better price i aked for 10000 and he told me $1500 including shipping i think its dueable now especialy with thease prices

are all sleep ???
keep it up ?

still i think it could be implemented via analog rgb signals ,think what pwm is doing after all ??

we have h and v scan rate , voltage level shift , selector [digital ] ,and raw tv set ,all are tune for to get it work .

you can also interlace each line another wards run every other line

Status
Not open for further replies.