Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

genrating reference voltage from power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacksgen

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I need to generate reference voltage which are accurate since they will be used for comparison operations by a comparator. The reference voltage should be taken from teh supply rails vdd divided by 2. that is vdd/2 vdd/4 ....till vdd/16.

how can one generate such voltages without variations over temperature or process variations for example. any schematics papers is appreciated.+

thanks

Added after 18 seconds:

the supply voltage is 1.8 volts

well resistors alone wont provide the stable voltage that i need. i need a very accurate reference which wont vary over temperature for example.

Added after 39 seconds:

is it possible to stabilise the voltage taken from resistors so that they wont vary.

Why don't use a series of resistors in a DIL package? I guess the internal temperature won't change very much betweens the resistors.

I want to design such a reference at circuit level for a adc that i am designing using cadence. Hence no external packages is to be used.

If supply voltage suddenly increase by half volt, should the voltage out also increase by same percent?

If yes - I see no reason why don't use regular resistors connected to voltage followers.

If no, noise could be reduced by mounting capacitors in series with your resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back