Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generation og 3 PWM signals simultaneously using PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

maruti_push

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to generate three PWM signals simultaneously to control three phase induction motor. I want to use PIC microcontroller Or 89c51 . How can I generate.
please help.

Most of the pic 18f controllers will have a minimum of inbuilt CCP (Capture/Compare/PWM) modules. I am using pic 18f47j53 which has 5 CCP modules and 3 ECCP (Enhanced CCP) modules. The ECCP modules are capable of producing 4 pwm outputs from the single timer and hardware.

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

I meant a minimum of 2 pwm modules. But it is easy to generate a pwm output using timer interrupts for the third one.

Hi,
Also take a look at the 16F7x7. They have 3 CCP modules and Microchip has an app note on 3 phase induction motor control using 16F7x7. Take a look here: ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00889b.pdf

Other useful links:
ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00843a.pdf
https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/AC Induction Motor 00984a.pdf
**broken link removed**

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Last edited:
Actually I went on using PIC18F4431. But I found that it is not available in market.

i need to generate 3 pwm simultaneously. i am using 18f4550. 2 ccp channel is there.for the third pwm i am using timer0 in16 bit mode. but i can not generate pwm with proper duty cycle. i am writing the code in ccs c. can i get some help?

For us to help you, we need to see your code and what you have done so far. Or at least an idea or the algorithm you are using to generate the 3rd output for PWM.

can i use pic16f877a to generate 3 pwm? what i know it has only 2ccp...how can i make it 3 with that PIC...

Is there some reason you are making life difficult for yourself?
Why don't you just design your application with a suitable processor?
If PICs were either expensive or hard to obtain I could see the point
but as natraj20 pointed out - there are far simpler ways to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.