Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating signal which frequency is 30x faster than input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teepee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Generating frequencies?

Hello!

I need to generate a signal which frequency is 30 times faster than the input frequency and I would like to know has anybody any ideas how to do it.
The output frequency should be synchronised in certain point with input frequency. The maximum input frequency varies in 1- 2 kHz range.
I considered PIC microcontroller to do it but I realized that it needs lot more prosessing power.

Is there any chance to do it and in what resolution and what kind of processor would be suitable for this job? What would be the program structure like?

Best regards
Apache

Generating frequencies?

That's the job for a phase-locked loop (PLL) circuit, not software.

Generating frequencies?

Atmels ATtiny26 is strong on PWM/Freq generation

It might be suitable

/Bingo

Re: Generating frequencies?

I think a pll based frequency sythesiyer can do easily this job.
Use CD4046 cmos pll chip, this already has the phase comparator and everything you need.
Use as frequency divider any cmos divider/counter like cd4040, cd 4060, cd4049 (if you need a programable output multiplication....
S.

Status
Not open for further replies.