Not open for further replies.

garvind25

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wanted to know if there are any ways of generating a 10 sec digital pulse (0.1 Hz; 5 sec ON and 5 sec. OFF). I need it as an enable signal for a project I am making (the ckt. will be enabled for 5 secs. to sample the inputs and then disabled for 5 secs. during its processing). Similarly, how to generate a 1 sec. pulse (1 Hz; 0.5 sec. ON and 0.5 secs. OFF). Any pointers will be thankfully acknowledged.

Thanks and Regards,
Arvind Gupta.

How about building a digital timer? Can be made in programmable logic, but also using a microcontroller or by assembling discrete logic ICs. All three variants will use a crystal oscillator if precise timing is intended.

Once you have 1 Hz, apply that to a 4017 decade counter. It divides by 10. To have 50 percent duty cycle, combine 5 diodes from 5 consecutive outputs.

To get 1Hz, is a 555 timer IC good enough? Or else if you need accuracy then start with a crystal oscillator, say 32kHz. Divide down cycles via one or more 4020/ 4040/ 4060 IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…