Status
Not open for further replies.

gezzas525

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My university is trying to sort out the Silicon ensemble and buildgates software packages, the requirement is to do timed simulation of a standard cell library but iam not sure how to do this. Build gates will synthesize the design from vhdl and silicon ensemble will convert the design to gds2. Now I want to do a timed analysis, originally the plan was to use modelsim with an .sdf file format however that would involve writting sdf files for the standard cell library which I have (Virtual Silicon 0.18um Library, UMC).

SE can export SDF file for your time analysis also.

gezzas525 said:
Now I want to do a timed analysis, originally the plan was to use modelsim with an .sdf file format however that would involve writting sdf files for the standard cell library which I have (Virtual Silicon 0.18um Library, UMC).
When you do synthesis with BG, you should read the lib to your netlist. Then you can use the command "write_sdf" to write the timing sdf file. Annotate this sdf in your netlist, then do pre-simulation with ModelSim.

After using SE, you can product a sdf file including the wire-delay model. With the same way to do post-simulation.

Certainly, those ways is dynamic timing analysis. You should do STA for complete timing analysis.

Good Luck

Thanks I will give these suggestions a go and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…