Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ft of mosfet nmos pmos 0.18u technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunkumar446

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ft gm cgg

what is the ft of a nmos and pmos in 0.18u technology, and if possible tell me how to measure it using cadence spectre, Thanks in advance.

0.18 technology

ft=gm/2pi*Cgg

Do DC analysis at your desired biasing voltages. Goto simulation, print DC operating point. There you can get gm, and Cgg...you are done!

ft in pmos

Thanks for your reply, can you tell me how to plot gm/Id versus vgs in cadence spectre.

nmos-pmos

First connect DC source "Vgs" to an NMOS transistor. Another DC source for Vds and ground to source and connect bulk to source. Now sweep DC Vgs using DC sweep. In order to plot "gmoverid" you need this file.
Please find herewith the stimulus file (It can have any name,. In this case it is "stimulus"). The procedure to use this file with spectre is as follows.

1) Open this "stimulus" file. Here TN1, YN2, TP1, TP2 are the transistor's "instance name". You should replace it with your own instance names. The command "save TN1:all" saves all the DC parameters. The command "save TN2:gm" saves only the gm of the TN2 transistor.

2) On the "Analog Environment" goto "Setup" then "Simulation files" and then on "Stimulus file" add the path of this "stimulus.txt" file.

3) Now do the DC or transient sweep as required (Say you sweep "Vgs" and want a plot of "gmoverid").

4) Now on the "Analog Environment Window" goto "Tools" and then "Results Browser".

5) Click "dc-dc". Here you can see all the saved parameters. Right click "gmoverid" it and plot it.

The file is attached in the button of the post. Just save this text in stimulus file from line "simulator...........".

Please click helped me button if this post is useful to you.

File stimulus
simulator lang=spectre
save TN1:all
save TP1:all
save TN2:gm
save TP2:vth

ft for mosfet

hi,
by using the method you suggested for getting ft for an nmos with 400n/180n vgs=1.4 vds=1.8, im getting cgg of 724.522af and gm of 233.635u an ft of 49.125Mhz , instead of getting some thing in GHz's, is there anything im missing, help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Added after 1 hours 47 minutes:

hi, can you tell me one more thing, how to do noise analysis in cadence spectre, i would like to see flicker noise and thermal noise of mosfet, how would be the test bench. Thanks in advance.

cgg spectre

bro! you might missed that aF is 10^-18
So you will get 49GHz, not MHz.

ft of mosfet

Thanks Usman Hai, that was a blunder i did. Thanks for the help.

can you tell me about the noise analysis, how to see the flicker noise and thermal noise produced by a mosfet. Thanks in advance.

Re: ft of mosfet

Hi Usman Hai,

Do you know how to measure the Fmax?

It seems that a lot of document that mention the Ft, but the Fmax does not.

Is there any idea with this?

Thanks,

Re: 0.18 technology

ft=gm/2pi*Cgg

Do DC analysis at your desired biasing voltages. Goto simulation, print DC operating point. There you can get gm, and Cgg...you are done!

why is Cgg? Why not Cgs in the equation ft=gm/2pi*Cgg?

Because Cgg is the capacitance assosiated with the gate terminal.And is equal to Cgs+Cgd+Cgb.

I use AC and S parameter simulate the ft of NMOS and PMOS in cadence spectre, two kinds of simulation results, then use ft = gm/(2 * pi * Cgg) verify , found simulation of NMOS and calculation results is same, calculation results of PMOS are much smaller than the simulation results, I can get gm, and Cgg using DC analysis. "ft=gm/2pi*Cgg" is suitable for PMOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back