Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FSS Transmission/ Reflection Curves

Status
Not open for further replies.

arxlan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell that, what is the difference between the FSS Transmission/Reflection characteristics with and without ground plane?

I assume you mean for normal incidence. Think of a transmission line, with the incoming wave as a source, and the ground plane as a load, in this case, a short. The short translated over a short distance of the dielectric height will appear to be an inductor in parallel with your FSS. Of course, your FSS will behave differently too, due to different field profiles. I can't say much more without specific information.

Reactions: arxlan

arxlan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
actually i wanted to ask what difference the ground plane will make to the reflection and transmission.

Again, I'm not sure if you mean for normal incidence, but obviously if the ground plane is a PEC the FSS will not have any transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back