Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free viewer for Eagle Pro PCB layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I have just done a 4 layer PCB in Eagle pro. The board is 18 cm by 3.2cm.

My colleagues need to see the layout in detail.

Can they view this layout using the a free viewer?

...or is the free version "Eagle Lite" usable for viewing this PCB?

.....If not, then what is the cheapest viewer available for this ?...they only need to view, not edit.

Best and workable variant is to export design to image. This will exclude needs for any software installation, exclude software usage trouble. Every PC can open image. Export at least 300dpi, export only needed layers this will avoid mess in design, and invert and crop image in Adobe PhotoShop if needed.

The free version of Eagle can view any Eagle PCBs - even ones outside the PCB limits - you just cannot edit it. That is the easiest way.

An alternative would be to generate the Gerbers and use GCprevue - a free Gerber viewer.

Keith

Thanks, though Keith, May I please ask if the free version can view this as its four layer?....the free version only does 2 layers i thought?

Yes, it works for all layers (I just pulled a 4 layer PCB into 6.3 light and it is fine). They did that so that PCB manufacturers can generate the production data from the Eagle files without having to buy the software (i.e. the CAM processor still works even in the Light version).

Keith

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello,

I have just done a 4 layer PCB in Eagle pro. The board is 18 cm by 3.2cm.

My colleagues need to see the layout in detail.

Can they view this layout using the a free viewer?

...or is the free version "Eagle Lite" usable for viewing this PCB?

.....If not, then what is the cheapest viewer available for this ?...they only need to view, not edit.

I use print button to print out my layout editor in pdf filed and then u can show them! easy! you can turn on/off layers and then click print to generate different kind of layers wheather it is SST,TOP,BOTTOM,PADS,DRILLS,ETc!!

The advantage of them using Eagle is they can turn layers on and off, highlight nets (such as power and ground) change colours etc. It is difficult to make enough printouts to predict what people may want to see.

Most of that could be done from the Gerbers.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back