Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA with CAN Controller problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

FPGA is connected to a stand alone CAN controller (MCP2515) on board.
Iam able to talk to MCP2515 and set up different modes like loopback mode and tested my FPGA to MCP2515 communication everthing looks fine.

But when i cinfigure the MCP2515 as normal mode,MCP2515 is not responding to any of the messages from CAN bus master.
Below are the config. details of MCP2515:
CAN CLK provided by FPGA is 12Mhz & communication rate is 500kbps.
So i set up the Masks & filter registers with my identifier. ( iam using extended identifier) (iam using only RXB0 & TXB0 buffers)
CNF1- 00h
CNF2-A1h
CNF3-03h
TXRTSCTRL- 00h
CANINTE- 00h
RXB0CTRL- 40h
CANCTRL- 0Fh

Do i need to programm any other registers otherthan the registers mentioned above for CAN communcation?

As per the CNF1/2/3 my
SyncSeg-1
PropSeg-2
PhaseSeg1-5
PhaseSeg2-4

Any help is appreciated.

Thx..

hi gary
have got ur fpga mcp 2515 interface right..now i am on a project to communicate with mcp2515 with fpga ..... can u please me to the way i could not find where to start, i wrote a code for spi protocol but i found that we have to give instructions to the can controller .....need help.

Are You sure there is another device on CAN bus? If You try to do some tests with empty line, when nothing responds its worthless. At least two devices has to be on the same line.

Status
Not open for further replies.