Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[FPGA] Newbies Help on multichannel video stitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

ug02048

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am working on a project which require stitching 4 videos together. 320x240 each, I am new to this field, so I need advice on what to buy which is suitable for this project. The video have to be in real time.

I am looking at this **broken link removed** at the moment . Is this suitable? how do I connect camera on to the board physically?

Thx

mabee you better use a video processor for that.

Hello,

I think that Live design Evaluation board isn't ok for you.
Is your video signal analog or digital? if is analog you must use an IC like Philips SAA7113/7114/7115 an so on or use an A/D converter and make the conversion inside the FPGA.
If you have already a digital signal I think that for you is better not use an FPGA but for example a quad split processor (if I well understand what do you want to do) like Averlogic AL700C.
Regards

Daniele

Did you work with digital video before??
Even if let's say peek those video codec such as philips SAA7113/7114/7115 how to make them work. I never see any universal PCB so you can cover and prototype all of your design chalages at the time. You would be better of do your own PCB. Question is what do you want to cover first digital video, or FPGA design...

Regards, and good lack!

thanks for reply, is there any chips that can do video transform and overlays with transparency?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.