Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] FPGA implementations of humming bird cryptographic algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemanth434

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai folks...

Can anyone help me with VHDL coding of 16-bit block cipher encryption in humming bird algorithm????

How about instead writing some code and when you get stuck post the code you've written with a specific question on how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Input: A 16-bit data block m = (m0;m1; · · · ;m15) and a
64-bit subkey ki such that
subkey ki = K(i)1∥K(i)2∥K(i)3∥K(i)4
Output: A 16-bit date block m′ = (m′0;m′1; · · · ;m′15)
1: for j = 1 to 4 do
2: m ← m ⊕ K(i)
j [key mixing step]
3: A = m0∥m1∥m2∥m3; B = m4∥m5∥m6∥m7
C = m8∥m9∥m10∥m11;D = m12∥m13∥m14∥m15
4: m ← S1(A)∥S2(B)∥S3(C)∥S4(D)
[substitution layer]
5: m ← m ⊕ (m ≪ 6) ⊕ (m ≪ 10)
[permutation layer]
6: end for
7: m ← m ⊕ K(i)1 ⊕ K(i)3
8: A = m0∥m1∥m2∥m3; B = m4∥m5∥m6∥m7
C = m8∥m9∥m10∥m11;D = m12∥m13∥m14∥m15
9: m ← S1(A)∥S2(B)∥S3(C)∥S4(D)
10: m′ ← m ⊕ K(i)2⊕ K(i)4
11: return m′ = (m′0;m′1; · · · ;m′15)

I completed coding for remaining algorithms.. I'm unable to find a way to implement steps-3 & 4.

i've completed coding the above algorithm ... I need help to reverse the permutation layer(step 5) for decryption...

Repetitious repetition is repetitious.

i've completed coding the above algorithm ... I need help to reverse the permutation layer(step 5) for decryption...

I thought that looked familiar. That exact same thing was asked (by you?) in another thread some time ago... Anyways, as stated in that other post ... that operation has an inverse. Should not be too difficult to figure out for the modern googling hardware designer on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.