Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA IMPLEMENTATION OF DATA ENCRYPTION STANDARD ALGORITHM

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkatramana971

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HIIIIIIIII
friends...!!
i needed information about " TO GIVE THE INPUTS (64 BIT) IN FPGA FOR DES ALGORITHM" can anybody give me feedback about that please.
i am doing on spartan 3e, it has 8 LED pins.....and one 16 bit LCD... and how can i write UCF file and how can we assign i/o pins pls any body help me
my num

-regards
venkat

Re: FPGA IMPLEMENTATION OF DATA ENCRYPTION STANDARD ALGORITH

spartan 3 don't have 64 bit GPIO inputs that you have accessed directly. So other ways are rising here..
You can use uart module to communicate with PC and FPGA. You can use some commercial tools like Docklight, RealTerm etc to transmit data to FPGA...
However, you need to write or get uart module and learn how to use it.
Then, you can easily transmit any data that you want...
Other way can be easy but not a good way..
You can use switches (8 DIP switch). Each configuration of that switches can represent a 64bit data(they should be written while you are writing the HDL code) and you can observe the output.
I don't know the length of encrypted data, but if it's 64bit, you cannot show all the data from LEDS. You need uart module again..
There are several ways... To transmit data, uart is good way....

Ilgaz

thanking u sir for guidance .......
but u have said about UART and REALTERM so the way, it required some code right??? and how it will be can u help me please....

-thanx and regards
venkatramana

UART is an interface that helps to communicate PC and FPGA.
You need to have a code for that purpose in FPGA. There is ready-to-use tools in PC like Hyper-Terminal, Docklight, RealTerm to implement the uart protocol...
And you can also find uart codes for FPGA(in VHDL or Verilog) at opencores.org...
When you understand how to use uart module, you can easily transmit and receive data between FPGA and PC.
Of course, there should be a physical connection, do not forget!
Try to find uart codes, but you don't need to understand the detail of it. It becomes complicated. Just try to understand how to use this block. For eg, how you can understand data is ready to receive, data is ready to transmit.. something like that...
Find its documents, read them..

Status
Not open for further replies.