Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA implementation of ACS block in soft decision viterbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I want to implement soft decision viterbi decoder in FPGA. I have already implemented hard-decision decoding and the design works fine in xilinx FPGA. We have implemented "high bit clear circuit" for path metrics normalization to reduce the area.

Now, i want to implement soft-decision decoding an I need to change the BMU and ACS modules in my code.

One thing that worries me is the normalization technique that can be used for soft-decision viterbi. since the calculation of euclidean distance will result in negative numbers many times, i can't use "high bit clear circuit" that i have used for hard-decision. So what normalization technique or methodology, I can use for implementing ACS block in soft-decision viterbi.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.