Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA board for starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsunny

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please advise which fpga board would be good to start learning fpga (with no previous knowledge about fpga/vhdl/verilog).

Thanks.

Any entry level starter kit would be a nice choice which is

1. well documented
2. good examples
3. reference designs & application notes

Me this question too interests.

Or is possible to learn FPGA without FPGA board, for example: only with software( modeling, prototyping and etc.)

thanks for your quick reply ..really appreciate. could you please name one board pls,,,there are so many from xilinx and altera. and what is the difference between starter board and development board.

thanks in advance.

Xilinx University Program
the link above is about the Xilinx University Program
the board related to this program might be a good choice,
cause you can find lots of reference and examples which will do you great help

Xilinx Spartan 3E Starer Kit is a very good choice for beginners. It has lots of peripherals that allows easy experiencing. The kit has very good documentation and example codes in xilinx's web site.

Sticking with the xilinx spartan-3E theme, I'd recommend this nexys2 board. I own one of these myself (1200k gates version) and find it easy to work with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.