Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA board for implementing wireless video

Status
Not open for further replies.

nav666

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to build a FPGA based prototype for uncompressed video over wireless connection with one box being transmitter and other a receiver(to display). The transceiver speed for HD video (1060) is 3-4 Gbps. But it would need an expensive FPGA board. I am thinking of VGA and i guess it needs around 1 Gbps (correct me if i m wrong). What type of FPGA board should i use (preferably cheaper)? Also, i would need to interface the FPGA with an RF module. Are there any RF module available for that could be interfaced with FPGA and support 1Gbps speed?

From Altera, Arria 2 GX chips have rapid IO transeivers that can be clocked at something like that frequency, otherwise the new Cyclone V will have GX transeivers. Not sure if they have develepment boards, but the parts are <$1000 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.