Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Forstar Mini Laptop. Unable to boot and losts of problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuganta

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any body Having any information Regarding FORSTAR MINI LAPTOP( Made IN China) wheather Software or Hardware. Government of Assam provided numbers of Forstar Laptop to the Class10 pass out student. Now Its have lost of problem regarding bios, Unable to boot, Switching on. Unable to install OS. Some one please help me to find this solution.

Unless the laptop has a special bios recovery feature (basically just some kind of bootloader in a non-eraseable portion of the flash). The laptop is "bricked" unless the bios can be removed and re-flashed.

Just found this:

Looks like the laptop is bricked as there is no access to the bios as it's locked out by the manufacturer.

IMO, that brand of laptop was a bad purchasing decision by your Government.

Regards

The Bios is Winbond 25Q16BVS1G. I have bios mini programer but my problem is I did not got bios file in the the net. What to do. To solve hardware problem We do not have schematic diagram also.In net nothing is available.In Forstar company their is no any support. What to do. Thanking you for your kind response.

Try to RMA your laptop if it is under warranty. Else send an email to Forstar company for BIOS files.

Need bios file Winbond 25Q16BVS1G
That's not a bios file that is the flash device used to hold the bios code. You need to find out if you can get the bios firmware from the manufacturer so you can reflash that winbond part. Like I said the manufacturer designed the laptop to preclude doing what you are attempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.