Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Formal methods for verification (not PSL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenardo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have read about PSL and I was able to apply it to Verliog codes for verification.
But from what I read, I understood that there're other formal methods for verification. They some how extract the design properties and then try to break them with different test cases.
1) Does anyone have more info about this thing?
2) What are examples of tools that I can use for this purpose ?

Thanks

Re: Formal Engine (PSL)

All the Formal assertion based verification tool supports now PSL and it seems to be popular among the designers. Formal methods not time consuming like simulators, often very very fast and give a Yes/No answer with resonable time.
Sometimes the problem with these types of tools are sizes of the design. These tools are costly also.
Cadence's IFV , Mentor's 0-in , Real Intent's Verix , Atrenta's Spyglass, Synopsys's Magellan all supports PSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back