Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

footprints for TSSOP-38

Status
Not open for further replies.

shubh1994

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I has purchased 10 ads7953 but i am not getting the eagle footprints for DBT-38 (TSSOP 38).

So, how to get the eagle footprints for TSSOP 38 ??:sad:

Make one.

If you don't know how, hit F1 and read the help, look for the eagle tutorials and manuals - they will tell you how.

Oh - and get the datasheet with the component footprint dimensions.

@Mattylad Thankful to you for your reply..:smile:

Really, is it that simple ?? I searched in help of eagle but i was not able to find how to make a new footprint?? can you provide me some suitable tutorials...

Is this what you are looking for, but with 38 pins?
Capture.PNG

Copy it and add 10 more pins.

There are a few different ways to find a package in Eagle:
1) Go to a manufacturer who you think might make a part with the package you want, and copy it
2) Look in ic-packages.lib
3) Look in ref-packages.lib (That is where I found the TSSOP-28)
4) Look in ref-packages-longpad.lib (TSSOP-28 is also listed there)
5) Go to whichever Eagle site you use and see if a user has uploaded the package.

John

Last edited:

Thanks for your reply :)
But i am able to understand what do you mean by

"Copy it and add 10 more pins."
How i can add 10 pins to it .. I think you mean to edit the library of tssop28

Get a tutorial on using Eagle, particularly how to make library parts. Trying to walk you through the entire process through the medium of this forum is quite inefficient.

Basically, in the Eagle control panel, open Library... Pick the device (or package)you want to modify. Click on Package. Use whatever copy method you know. (I highlight and cut.) Then open your personal library. If you don't have one, make one. Enter the name for the new package. TSSOP-38 might be appropriate. Paste the device you copied. Now it is just a standard Windows procedure for drawing. You can pull the device to the proper outline, copy or add pins, etc. until you have what you want.

Although some people object to using the grid as a drawing tool, I use it when I am making a package. You can also use the command language or other tricks to get the dimensions and pad locations that your need. Save, then do the same thing for creating a Symbol for your part. Finally, you mate the Symbol to the Package to get a device.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back