Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Foot Print Creation and Mounting Solution!! (Urgent!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayasuryan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Experts,

Please find the attached file and give some idea about this component.
I want to create foot print for this component. Is it a SMD or Through hole component? Please tell me how to mount this component?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Kind Regards,
Jayasuryan

Base on datasheet, this component is SMD component

Most definitely a SMT version.

Although it is basically a PTH version where they have just straightened the pins out (or not bent them) to make it SMT, a very poor way of making it SMT.

You just need pads big enough to take those pins, although your able to cut them down if you wish.
Here is the full case datasheet.

There is no footprint data on the website, perhaps email them & ask if they have it available?

jayasuryan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
There is footprint data available for the Case style W38 which i have attached alongwith.

It is shown as a SMT components.

Hope this helps you.

hi jayasurya,
according to your data sheet it is 100% smd component. Anonymous_Ricky's data sheet is also very helpful. the PAD size only directly not mentioned in that. you can grant it as 0.64x3.5mm(approx) Pad size and edge to edge of total component is 15.74mm according to outline drg. you can add 0.254 mm for PAD outer dimension for solder touch ups .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back