Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM and Bessel functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran1942

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I am doing some experiments with FM modulation.
I have an RF generator connected to a function generator and a spectrum analyser.
I have been adjusting the modulation index and measuring the amplitudes of the side frequencies.

My question is: why is there a discrepancy between my measured side frequency amplitudes and the results I get from the Bessel function table ?
I know there is a fundamental reason for this but I am unsure what it is.

Thank you for any help.

May be your function generator or rf generator are not making pure sine wave. Sine wave with harmonics.

Hello I am doing some experiments with FM modulation.
I have an RF generator connected to a function generator and a spectrum analyser.
I have been adjusting the modulation index and measuring the amplitudes of the side frequencies.

My question is: why is there a discrepancy between my measured side frequency amplitudes and the results I get from the Bessel function table ?
I know there is a fundamental reason for this but I am unsure what it is.

Thank you for any help.

Are you sure that the parameter you have called "modulation index" is identical to the parameter found on the horizontal axis of the Bessel functions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back