Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback transformer winding for uc3842

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishu's

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
am a confused with dot notation of transformer design in datasheet. Please refer to attached diagram and suggest if its right to wound accordingly.

Attachments

• fb2.png
    fb2.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 162

Can you mention in following image which nodes on Design should be attached to what pins of bobbin if we look bobbin from top, I have marked bobbin.
which pin from should i start for particular winding and what direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise) if i look from top.

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/5254386600_1433923649.png

regards
nishu

There is no real way of knowing, because there is no standard method of numbering pins on transformers.

If its to fit on an existing circuit board, you will need to trace all the tracks and work out what each pin does.
If its something you are building up as part of a from scratch project, you can use any pins you like.
That is the problem, there is no standard method for doing this.

I was building a flyback myself using uc3842, transfortransforme didnt seem wdidntto work. My best is because of mismatched start and end flyback inductor isnt storing any energy. As after kickoff from supply derived from resistor through input rail, mosfet turns on and aux doesnt seem to produce anything, same goes for output.

There should still be some voltage on both the aux and the output windings, even if they are both connected the wrong way around.
The forward voltage swings one polarity, flyback the other polarity.
So something is very wrong.

Only reason I can think of, is the transformer may be designed for a much higher switching frequency than you were using.

Status
Not open for further replies.