Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fly back transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtijijoy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
guyz im dng my mtech proj...as part of my proj i need to generate a high freq asymmetrical waveform with peak amplitude 2000v at 2mhz..i got a rough schematic for this in which a fly back transformer is included..but i dun no what specification to be used for this transformer to operate at 2mhz n produce output of 2000v..pls help me..

I think, it would be reasonable to check the project feasibility first. You can assume, that every pF of winding capacity on the HV side consumes several 100 VAr reactive power. Or in a slightly different perspective, you'll have most likely difficulties to achieve a transformer self resonant frequency of 10 MHz and more that would be required to transform an asymmetrical waveform at 2 MHz.

I suggest two realistic alternatives:
- go for a flyback transformer operated at a considerably lower frequency
- go for resonant operation at 2 MHz (similar to a Tesla transformer)

Status
Not open for further replies.