Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flux and Desoldering Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidburn88888888

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the Flux? and what's diff from one to the others? so many out there dunno what to use and when to use....

how to make the lead look like dull after they came out the solder pot? ( 5 % sliver and 95 % tin ) that will work?

what's right temp for desoldering the BGA? i heard BGA will cooked if more than 220C, is that true? how about I heat up from the back side the circuit board with hight temp around 420C is that going to kill the BGA? how about other's ? I use hot air gun, and I heat up around 382C air blow around 6 ( volume ), on all the type smt,soic,plcc,qfp, except the BGA. ( something like Hakko 850 SMD Reworkstation )

one more question, if i blow the air too long on the lead of IC, on the backside sometime had some wet or water look, and it dose not look like the part is melting, where is that came from? and how I clean that up?

TKS!

Flux is a waxy material that makes it easy for copper and solder to get along. It is also useful when making big solder joints for big connector leads. It also helps make the solder joint clean.

About the many types, I suppose they are basically the same function.

I don't know about the BGA part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back