Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finite State Machine Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeHawk

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey, sorry to be a hassle. I'm pretty new to VHDL and was wondering if anybody out there could help me with a problem.

I need to code a finite state machine that:

> Receives a transmit signal that tells the state machine to start (to make load high.. see below)

> sends a load signal to a shift register (already coded) that tells the shift register to load the input data.

>send a '0' to the receiver (not coded by me) to tell it to expect data 'Start bit'

>sends an enable signal to the shift register to tell it to pass the input data into the state machine serially.

>pass through 8 bits of data out of the transmitter and into the receiver

>Send a Parity bit (parity error checked in the receiver, not transmitter)

>Send a '1' to tell the receiver all the data is through 'Stop bit'

Now I did what i thought was correct... and there arent any errors in the code... but in the simulation, my output remains as hatches.. which makes me think there is a large flaw in my logic somewhere. Can somebody help me spot it? Here is my code:

NEVERMIND PROBLEM SOLVED SORT OF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back