Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FinFET detailed documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreya_ec

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii ,

do anyone have good docs with detailed description of FinFET TECHNOLOGY?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

hi i would suggest you to go through the textbook 'J.-P. Colinge FinFETs and Other Multi-Gate Transistors' .It gives an insight of the nedd of finfet technology in the current scenario as well the complete modelling of the device.

Are you looking for process or design related documentation?

i am looking for both of them as i want to work on its layout so firstly i want to understand about finfet in detail .

Private message me if you want a detailed 120 page powerpoint on how FinFET devices are manufactured and their device structures.

This link is a thesis that has some information on a bandgap design in a FinFET process, but it also has some general comments on FinFET devices and tradeoffs:
https://scholarworks.rit.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=10562&context=theses

If you look on IEEE or a similar site, you'll be able to find a lot of designs done in vertical gate processes. As far as references go for device physics of vertical gate FETs, I have a lot more than what I listed below, but these are my favorites:

K. Suzuki, Y. Tosaka, and T. Sugii, “Analytical threshold voltage model for short channel n+–p+ double-gate SOI MOSFETs,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 43, pp. 732–738, May 1996.

Y. Taur, “An analytical solution to a double-gate MOSFET with undoped body,” IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 245–247, May 2000.

Y. Taur, X. Liang, W. Wang, and H. Lu, “A continuous, analytic drain-current model for DG MOSFETs,” IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 107–109, Feb. 2004.

Z. Lu and J. G. Fossum, "Short-Channel Effects in Independent-Gate FinFETs," in IEEE
Electron Device Letters, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 145-147, Feb. 2007.

P. Magnone, F. Crupi, A. Mercha, P. Andricciola, H. Tuinhout and R. J. P. Lander,
"FinFET Mismatch in Subthreshold Region: Theory and Experiments," in IEEE
Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 2848-2856, Nov. 2010.

S. D. Pable, A. Imran and M. Hasan, "Performance investigation of DG-FinFET for subthreshold applications," Multimedia, Signal Processing and Communication Technologies (IMPACT), 2011 International Conference on, Aligarh, 2011, pp. 16-19.

Lastly, as far as I'm aware, I don't have any layout tutorials/references that would be okay for me to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back