Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final year project problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatinkakadiya

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friend
my project is on "RF ID based auto bus identification system".
In this project every bus has it's Owen tag and one RF ID reader is set on the entry gate.
so when bus is enter in the bus station tag will detected and it's 'IN TIME ' will saved in PC.
as well as when bus will left bus station the 'OUT TIME" will saved in PC.
so how can i run this project ??
I want to connect one RF ID reader and PC with AT90USB82 micro controller.
so how can this programing is done ??

I think you have to make a small .net software for this on pc so that you can interface your controller to that
Each Rf id cards having its UID number so you can give that card to a particular bus then details you have to add in your software then next time when the card detects by the detector you will get the details with time in this .net frame work it can able to access the system time.

how can i make .net software ??
i have no idea about it .!
please guide me ........

download MS Visual Studio.net Express Edition from Microsoft website, subscribe to MSDN, join a good VB.net forum and start learning programming using .net

You CAN use .net but that is only one solution. RFID is a serial system so you can use almost any PC software on any operating system that can listen to a serial port. It's a technology dating back 30 years before Windows even existed, let alone .net!

Brian.

hi friend
my project is on "RF ID based auto bus identification system".
In this project every bus has it's Owen tag and one RF ID reader is set on the entry gate.
so when bus is enter in the bus station tag will detected and it's 'IN TIME ' will saved in PC.
as well as when bus will left bus station the 'OUT TIME" will saved in PC.
so how can i run this project ??
I want to connect one RF ID reader and PC with AT90USB82 micro controller.
so how can this programing is done ??

You seem to have done job of describing the project.
while suggesting or taking up such a project
did you not bother to ask your supervisor for
how to go about doing it?

I don't know what is your engineering/education stream but
this project needs following skills
1) High level PC programming for application software
2) Low level PC programming for writing USB drivers if you don't want to use any existing classes
3) Embedded programming and micro controller programming
4) sensor or module interfacing to UN (basic electronics) with possibly PC interfacing.

If you have to learn all these skills I guess it would take more than 6 months as some of
these herculean tasks are time consuming and human learning is slow!!! better change your project
and take some thing you can work and deliver irrespective of what ever marks you are awarded.

thank you sir !!!!!!!
for give me your valueable time !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.