Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

filtering on noisy circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petervk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
OK I know (a bit) about shielding sensitive circits from other sources of noise in the system, but what should I do about the circuits that generate the noise?
Should I be putting such things as LC filters on the supply TO the circuit thats going to be making a racket (to stop supply noise feeding back into the sensitive bits), or is it better to keep a path of low impedance on both supply and ground for the noisy bits?

Cheers,
Pete

LC filters on supply lines stop noise and are more efficient than low-imedance option .. and on top of that obviously good shielding of sensitive circuits ..
Regards,
IanP

the differencial can help you inprove the peformance

Peterv,
Careful ground layout also helps. Arrange the ground returns for the senstive circuit such that no power supply current flows through the signal ground path to the circuit. This usually means using a separate ground plane for signals, or if you cna't use ground planes, use a "star" arrangement of grounds.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.