Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

filter simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoolish

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have used one opamp and one out-chip capacitor and resistor to build the first order Butterworth low pass filter. The cutoff frequency is 10Hz. When I use function generator to input a sinawave at 3Hz. I can use osillscope to see clearly the input signal as the sinewave. But at the filter output, I can see the signal with a lot of noise. It is not a good sineware because the noise floor is very high. I want to know the reason. Please help me.

Try making an inverting amplifier and see what the noise and gain and frequency response are. Make sure your are not overdriving the amplifier.

Your filter circuit should either be made with two equal value resistors in the inverting configuration with the capacitor across the output to the inverting input, or you should have a series R shunt C to the noniverting input and the output connected with a wire to the inverting input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back