Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

filter design questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

allennlowaton

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello EDA fellows,

I have some questions regarding filter design.
Hope you can have a look at this one.

Concern #1. From the diagram at the left, I have read some papers having a 0dB and -3dB passband gain. I want to ask what's the typical value for that? What could be the possible reasons for using such values?

Concern #2. Shown on the right side are the corner variations (FF,TT and SS). I also read some papers which has 5% to 10% variations on the passband amplitude/gain. What are the typical values in a general applications for that one?

Thank you.

I have a question here is it a band pass filter ? .....

If yes... refer following links-

Band-pass filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.iaeng.org/publication/IMECS2009/IMECS2009_pp364-367.pdf
**broken link removed**

You will get the values of the components from link no -3

Now to answer your first question - 3db is filtering attenuation you will get it bcz of transfer function frequecy charactersitics as....gain will be maximized for the frequecnies that you want to allow and will be decresed for the other frequecnies....
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back