Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

File conversion of interconnect library

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesh28

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
can anyone know how to convert file from .ITC file format to .PTF file format?

interconnect technology (ICT) input file used in cadence encounter soc and .ptf input file used in Olympus soc of mentor graphics. These are interconnect libraries used for RC extraction.

I have to use design database from encounter to olympus for CTS(clock tree synthesis). so i need this .ITC file format in .PTF format. if anyone have idea about it then plz tell.

thank you.

Hi Ramesh-

If I am reading the documentation correctly, you create the PTF file using elcap, which ships in the Olympus tree -- look in its bin directory. I'm not clear if you really do mean "ITC" (never heard of it) or "ICT", which is a supported input type. Here's an example from the Olympus User Manual:

This elcap example reads in the 65nm.ict file and creates the 65nm.ptf file. The PTF will
include the capacitance generation information. It also generates gnuplot files for each
pattern and configures the gnuplot files to use spacing as the x-axis and have total,
lateral and ground cap values plotted. The gnuplot application uses the generated
gnuplot_ICT_jpeg.cmds file to create the necessary JPEG files needed to display all the
plots.

elcap -inFile 65nm.ict -gnuplotFiles -gnuplotXaxis spacing -resType all -fileType jpeg gnuplot gnuplot_ICT_jpeg.cmds

There's a few dozen different options depending on what you want to keep out of the file (or add to it), and also switches for running it on a grid system so it finishes faster. You can find the User's Manual either from the GUI or at <your_install_path>/sierra/doc/docs/olympus_user.pdf .

sorry, its not .itc, its .ict..

Actually i got to know about elcap..i also tried to generate .ptf file from .ict file using info given in olympus user manual. But not suceeded..

Have you done such experiments of converting .itc or .itf or .nxtgrd, or .ircx or .conf file format to .ptf file format?

Can you say more about how you didn't succeed? Did it not invoke, or exit with an error, or seem to hang, or you got a PTF but it wasn't quite right somehow...? I can help with the invoke and maybe with the error. Hanging is possibly just a matter of patience, if the machine shows the process is getting resources. For "not quite right" you'll need someone experienced in your PDK, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back