Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feedback about TICRA GRASP9 for parabolic reflectors...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atul_microwaves_antenna

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
grasp9 download

Hi,
I have evaluated TICRA GRASP9 for parabolic reflector design,but it was a student version.It is easy to use and gives good results. Now I have decided to go ahead with the license copy of GRASP9.
Anyone is using the same ..? How is it..? How good it is in modelling surface distortions of parabolic reflectors..? Dose it provide Spillover and aperture efficiency calculations..? How accurate are results ?
Your expert openion about GRASP9 is of very much help for me.
What else good software of TICRA are you people using..along with it..?
Thank you.

grasp9

Can you tell us the download adress

thanks

grasp +student version +download

Hi mudrik,
It is https://www.ticra.com go to Free download section.
You will see student version of GRASP there for Windows and Linux.It is a limited capability version but it is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

grasp9 download po

Dear Atul
This is the best software around for the analysis of reflctr antennas .I have not personally used it but my colleagues have.The analysis and fabricated ones closely match.
Also CHAMP is another software by ticra for analysis of horn antennas

ticra champ

The software seems fine but you can't simulate using different types of feeds and produce assymetrical reflectors. Can't see the current distribution on the reflector as well. Is there another software which can do that?

ticra grasp9

Hello,

GRASP is a standard software well accepted by industry and scientific community. Many many real application are designed with GRASP.

Feeds can be different, simulated or mesured with different orientation and polarization.

Bye.

ticra software

cal said:
The software seems fine but you can't simulate using different types of feeds and produce assymetrical reflectors. Can't see the current distribution on the reflector as well. Is there another software which can do that?

The completed version should be able to simulate with different feed and offset reflectors. If i'm not wrong, it can display the PO currents on the reflector as well.

Just read a bit more on the student version's manual will help.

ticra grasp9 examples

This is best software for real application. I have used this and Champ also for Satellite Antenna design ( Reflector and corrugated horn).

manual grasp, ticra

Any manuals or examples or "how-to" s ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back