Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Troubles about Volume Loss Density in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamires

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

Fisrt of all, I`m new to HFSS, so some of my questions might be stupid😟
I was working on a thin film RF load, using TaN thin film as a resister. I need to solve it in HFSS first, then import the solution data into Ansys Workbench to solve the temperature. Thus, I need to get the Volume Loss Density of the thin film and import it as heat_generation in workbench.
thought it was easy, but I found out that I cant. All I can get was merely surface loss denstity. The Volume Loss Density and J_Vol of the thin film was always zero.
The S11 curve looks fine though, got -25dB at 3GHz work frenquency.
I cant figure out why and have struggling with it forabout 2 weeks. Please help.

Thanks.

The project file is attached. Material library included.

Attachments

• project4.zip
    207 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Hello everyone,

Fisrt of all, I`m new to HFSS, so some of my questions might be stupid😟
I was working on a thin film RF load, using TaN thin film as a resister. I need to solve it in HFSS first, then import the solution data into Ansys Workbench to solve the temperature. Thus, I need to get the Volume Loss Density of the thin film and import it as heat_generation in workbench.
thought it was easy, but I found out that I cant. All I can get was merely surface loss denstity. The Volume Loss Density and J_Vol of the thin film was always zero.
The S11 curve looks fine though, got -25dB at 3GHz work frenquency.
I cant figure out why and have struggling with it forabout 2 weeks. Please help.

Thanks.

The project file is attached. Material library included.
Problem solved. The point is turning on the "solve inside" function. Or the HFSS might take this material as a metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back