Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

feature extraction using fft in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

der14

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all ,please could someone give me the code for feature extraction using fft in matlab (i have to input the wav signal using wavread)
please could someone help me.

There is no universal algorithm for feature extraction. The best way is to observe the signal (FFT in Your case) and select the features that are the most correlated with your classes.
If You want to get some advice, You should write more information about Your problem.

sir, actually i have to take in a wav of my voice saying one word,then do feature extraction using fft.

Still, there is no information what do You want to detect. Speech recognition? i.e. detect what word You say? Or just appearance of voice in the background noise?
Maybe do You want the select the voiced or unvoiced phonemes?

sir, what are the features I can find in the wav signal of my voice only by doing feature extraction using fft (if the noise can be remover and then do feature extraction using fft then even better).

Basically, the number of feature that can be extracted from fft is unlimited. You can try to calculate the spectral flatness, energy at Your region of interest (or energy ration from different part of regions), or try to find continous peaks along time domain in STFT (using linear prediction or phase compensation). All this features are sensitive to some kind of tonality that can be present in Your voice record (voiced phonems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back