Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_bihan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About extracting on-chip spiral inductor parameters from measurement!

Any one can share me with the experience of extracting spiral-inductor equivelent from S-parameter?

The case is : After obtaining S-parameter of On-chip CMOS Spiral inductor from measurement, the pad extraction should be done to obtain the accurate result. Then the equivlent circuit should be determined by converting S-param to Y-param, however still many parameters are self-relating.

Have anyone ever seen any paper describing this process in detail? Can you share it with me?

Too many papers about on-chip spiral inductor were published, till now, I have not seen any detail description about this process, why? Is that too simple to discuss?

Thanks!
Bi,Han @ Sjtu,Emlab

Eq. circuit extracting

I'm extracting S-pars. from hand-making spiral inductors up to 15 GHz. This procedure looks like:
1. Create a principal eq. circut on the assumption of main physical laws and device geometry.
2. Create a parametric frequency dependence of this parameters. If You don't know this dependence accurately, use polinomial presentation.
3. Optimize all parameters to minimize the difference between analyzed and measured S-pars on the full operating band.

It's all. I can give You example of eq. circuit as MWO project.

With responce,
Kit-the-great

re

Define a network structure,than change the parameters to match your
Spara,it can be done by Ansoft softwares or other EDA with optimal

Kit-the-great, can you simply post the equations you use (after pads de-embedding of course)?? I use ADS not MWO... thank you a lot

Leron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…