Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

extracte on-chip spiral inductor parameters from s-parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_bihan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About extracting on-chip spiral inductor parameters from measurement!

Any one can share me with the experience of extracting spiral-inductor equivelent from S-parameter?

The case is : After obtaining S-parameter of On-chip CMOS Spiral inductor from measurement, the pad extraction should be done to obtain the accurate result. Then the equivlent circuit should be determined by converting S-param to Y-param, however still many parameters are self-relating.

Have anyone ever seen any paper describing this process in detail? Can you share it with me?

Too many papers about on-chip spiral inductor were published, till now, I have not seen any detail description about this process, why? Is that too simple to discuss?

Thanks!
Bi,Han @ Sjtu,Emlab

Eq. circuit extracting

I'm extracting S-pars. from hand-making spiral inductors up to 15 GHz. This procedure looks like:
1. Create a principal eq. circut on the assumption of main physical laws and device geometry.
2. Create a parametric frequency dependence of this parameters. If You don't know this dependence accurately, use polinomial presentation.
3. Optimize all parameters to minimize the difference between analyzed and measured S-pars on the full operating band.

It's all. I can give You example of eq. circuit as MWO project.

With responce,
Kit-the-great

re

Define a network structure,than change the parameters to match your
Spara,it can be done by Ansoft softwares or other EDA with optimal

Kit-the-great, can you simply post the equations you use (after pads de-embedding of course)?? I use ADS not MWO... thank you a lot

Leron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back