Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of the FPAA design process

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnanda65675

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
do u think that design a FPAA worth( low frequency)???got an opportunity to design a simple FPAA for education purposes??? ny comments, honestly speakin tis is te 1st time i came across tis idea, n its still kinda blur 4 me...i'd visited anadigm website. But its cant rely make ny sense, dun rely understand...can nybody explain it detaily, r ny FPAA designers...i need some comments from all of u abt tis topic...wat r te timeframe did u took for design that....Thanks in advance

Re: FPAA Design ????

I don't believe that FPAA will stand in any application but in Audio application where cost are not important and frequency requirements is low, it might be helpful also in motor control unit .
I dunno exactly how it works but I guess that it works on a configurable switched capacitor IC, this way design the configurable analog module is just a enabled or disabled switch, I am not quite sure but it is the only way it can go, anyhow if this is the technology then don't expect much more speed in the future, prehaps a it can reach the MHz roof, yet if anyone knows more I am interested in finding out
I belive that the CAM can be configured using c langauge.

FPAA Design ????

the design, verification, implement tool for FPAA?

its a discrete based ccts wif op-amp,s/w cap, cap,res arranged in analog elements called CAB. Used EDA, CAM's & programmable silicon to program te memory and reprogramme it easily. Complex cct can be done wif juz drap-and-drop the EDA tool & adjust the functionality directly in automatically generated C-code.Thn the analog func can b controlled,up-dated& manipilated by the system processor in real-time. Ther is a product called Anadigmvortex??did nybody used tis be4 ? i need feedback plz...

But another alternatiev which appears recently by Cypress and may stand long is including a fast and accurate ADC and DAC with FPGA. With this device( Called AMS chips) you can do all your DSP jobs.

Take a look at Cypress.com

check out anadigm site they had the software, one thing I truely wanna know about FPAA, how the capacitance ratio is programed.
anadigm offers its software free with one year license. check www.anadigm.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back