Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ERROR in Eagle PCB Design Gerber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactolab

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have made the gerber file and manufacturer say there are errors can some one help me to find errors and solution,it would be very helpfull

Attachments

• gerber.zip
    60.7 KB · Views: 87

Hi,

download GCPREVUE and you can have a look into gerber files.

Klaus

Hi,

download GCPREVUE and you can have a look into gerber files.

Klaus
thanks but i already have gerber viewer,but i couldnt understand the error in gerber files.

Hiii,
I couldn't find any gerber file for TOP layer,also DRL and DRD files for drill information.

Are we supposed to guess?
What did your manufacturer say was wrong with them?

Like which layer for a start.

Can you post screen shots of the Gerbers so we do not need to download and do a full MRC on them!

Reactions: KlausST

KlausST

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@Mattylad:

Thats what i thought also.

OT:
I like your footer!

Klaus

I eventually managed to find a viewer I had installed that still worked.

Your top silk layer needs tidying up all over - its a mess. :roll:
An example of this.
Level_GTO.JPG
Tidy up the entire layer, remove text from over pads etc.

The bottom elec appears to have the bottom silkscreen turned on at the same time so is shorting nets together.
Level_GBL.JPG
I do not do Eagle but it looks like you Gerberd 2 layers together at the same time.

Install GC-Prevue (its free), check your Gerbers BEFORE you send them to a board manufacturer.

THIS IS A GOLDEN DESIGN RULE - FOLLOW IT!!! :bang:
Never ever, ever, ever send Gerbers out that you have not checked.
Had you done so then you would not be asking this question, wasted your time or the manufacturers time. (your lucky they told you.)

Do this again and I'll send the cat AND the dog round to argue together in your house - I'm sick of them doing it in mine :lol: :lol: :p
Got to go - the dogs trying to get past my wall of protection and Gandalf the Grey, protector of the wall & my elbows (from the dog).

- - - Updated - - -

OMG this gets worse as I look further whilst waiting for my supper.

The distance from the IC to this crystal (q3)is way too long, put it directly next to the pins.
Bad_Xtal.JPG
Is it a 32 khz? ISTR they would have caps on them too?

Your ground path to\from the battery goes through this little Yellow bit only, make this path a lot thicker and join at the red bit.
Bad_GND.JPG
Follow your GND and move tracks to allow you to flood your copper pour a lot better, so that bits join up and increase the continuity of the pour rather than have lots of breaks in it.

What the heck is this arrangement? Whatever it is turn it around 180.
Spiral1.JPG

You have a shorted track here.
Short1.JPG

Are you missing a copper layer in the Gerbers? level.GTL\Top tracking? It looks like it.

Fawaz, take it back into Eagle and look over every CM of it, tidy it up a lot more, move components so that they are close to their respective other components. The current path should flow through each component and return through a good ground connection back to the source.

You'd be better posting your circuit & PCB files before Gerbering them (I have also found Eagle installed lol).

Reactions: KlausST

KlausST

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

EAGLE has a DRC (design rule check).
Please use it before generating gerber files.
At least the shorted track could be found.

the rest: ....

Klaus

Mactolab, I would do a bit of basic research, try this search on Google...
"how to create Gerber files in eagle"

- - - Updated - - -

Mactolab, I would do a bit of basic research, try this search on Google...
"how to create Gerber files in eagle"

Can I be your forum fiend Mattylad...;-)

You have always been a forum fiend Marc :)

BTW - who you talking to? He disappeared and has not come back since the 14th, I think I scared him away.

I'd also do a Google search for "How to check your gerbers in gc-prevue" - the 5th result for me is an excellent tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back