Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error associated with a relative phase measurement using a 2 port ENA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PauliMatrix

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to measure the relative phase between two channels of a receiver and I only have a 2 ports in ENA to do this measurement. The way I thought about doing this was to use a signal generator connected to a power splitter that connects to the two channels that I want to measure. Once I have this I can measure phase and amplitude of port A relative to port B.

This works and I see results that make sense (introducing cables of different length, introducing power splitters with a 90 degree phase unbalance, etc.) but I was wondering what the error associated to this measurement was? I have been trying to get a sense on how to associate an error bar to each of these measurements, but I haven't been able to do it. I am working with an ENA keysight E5080B, in case it is useful.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back