Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Ansys Terminal Port Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxnr

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I am currently trying to parameterize the feedline position on my rectangular microstrip patch antenna on HFSS. For reference, here is my design.
1703434161995.png

I am trying to offset the location of the feedline along the x-axis to optimize the performance. For this, I am trying the parameterize options in HFSS. I have tried setting the range of the x-coordinate from -8 to 8 with a step of 1. The nominal value, ie, location of feedline in the image is at -0.5.

And on validation and simulation, I only get results for -1, 0.5 and 1 while the others have this particular error.
1703434392074.png

As you can see, only -1, 0 and 1 are simulated. How can I rectify this error?

Thank you for taking the time to read so far.
Hoping for help!

I am trying to offset the location of the feedline along the x-axis to optimize the performance
Independent of your port error: Shift in x direction sounds like the wrong method to optimize the feed. Have a look at inset feed.

Are you planning to use dielectric tolerances so that you do not have to fail your s11 specs without tweaking?

"Ground_Plane_B and the Bottom_Patch should be used as reference conductors for the terminals of the traces T1 and T2."

Are you planning to use dielectric tolerances so that you do not have to fail your s11 specs without tweaking?

"Ground_Plane_B and the Bottom_Patch should be used as reference conductors for the terminals of the traces T1 and T2."
Hello, I managed to solve this error. But unfortunately my gain plot and directivity plot are both empty.
1704123055414.png

Would you be able to help me on why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back