Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] equivalent of 74HCT14 for one input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikky

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

My circuit had 74HCT14 because i had to drive 5 inputs.Now i have only one input to drive so can anyone suggest how to drive the input without using 74HCT14?

Hi,

You need to tell us what is the Driving device, eg a Pic micro port ? and what is the Driven Input device ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

You need to tell us what is the Driving device, eg a Pic micro port ? and what is the Driven Input device ?

Also do you need the Inversion a 7414 produces ?

Hi,

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Also do you need the Inversion a 7414 produces ?

Hello sir,

Thanks for your response.Yes i want the same functionality since code is not going to change.I am attaching the part of the schematic.Input is from a I/O port from a rabbit core module.With reference to the attached schematic i am just going to use PG1 and remove others.Thank you.

Attachments

• scheme-driver.bmp
    803.2 KB · Views: 108

Hi,

do you mean "single gate logic" like 74HCT1G14?

Klaus

Yes sir,thanks for your help.Let me try to source it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

do you mean "single gate logic" like 74HCT1G14?

Klaus

Yes sir.Thats what i meant since i have only one input.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this IC may suit my purpose.

http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/1387307.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

I think this IC may suit my purpose.

http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/1387307.pdf

Hi,

For simplicity why change from the 74..14 chip ?

If its being driven from a digital output of that micro it should not need to be a Schmitt Trigger device so any standard inverter chip like 7404 should work fine.

Alternatively you should be able to drive it directly from the micro if you change / invert the output condition of that port.

Reactions: vikky

vikky

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
With little change in the code i did manage to drive it directly.Thank you wp100 and thanks all for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.